Saturday, March 1, 2014

Why have you applied for this vacancy?

Why have you applied for this vacancy?


Alternative and related questions


Why do you want this vacancy?
What attracted you to this vacancy?
Why do you think you’re suitable for this job?
What is it that you are looking for in a new job?

The meaning behind the question


The interviewer is probing to see:
•    if you fully understand what the job entails;
•    how well you might match their requirements;
•    what appeals to you most about the job.

Your answer

This is another very open-ended question where you might be tempted to say too much. By taking the time to think through your answer to this question in advance, you will be able to remain focused on a few key points.

Your emphasis should be on demonstrating to the interviewer precisely how you match their requirements – and, in doing so, to demonstrate that you fully understand what the role entails.
If you’ve done your research properly then you will have a good idea of what it is they are most looking for.

Yes, they have asked you what your motivations are in applying for the vacancy, but try to turn the question round so that the answer you give tells them why you are the right candidate for the vacancy.

EXAMPLE

I’ve applied for this vacancy because it’s an excellent match for my skills and experience – and because it represents a challenge which I know I’ll relish. I clearly already have extensive experience as a senior quantity surveyor, including previous experience of rail and station projects – an area I’m particularly interested in. I enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneously. I also enjoy overseeing and coaching junior and assistant quantity surveyors. I’m used to dealing directly with clients; developing productive working relationships with clients is definitely one of my strengths. This role is exactly the sort of role I am currently targeting and I am confident I will be able to make a major contribution.

No comments:

Google : The top most search engine

Google : MAGIC BOX

nRelate - Posts and Homepage

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Which is the toughest subject ?